News from the Health Office
Welcome back to the 2017-18 school year. My name is Mrs. Stephanie Trudeaux. I am the Park Elementary School Counselor. I have a Master’s Degree in School Counseling K-12 from Adams State College and I am licensed with the State of Colorado as a Licensed Professional Counselor and Special Service Provider.
After 18 years of being an elementary teacher, I transitioned into school counseling. This is my 9th year as Park’s School Counselor. As a school counselor, I am active in building Park’s School culture of Mindful Learners by supporting students’ academic, personal/social development and career exploration through weekly classroom lessons. These lessons are aligned with the Districts Mindsets and Behaviors for Postsecondary and Career Readiness Standards and Performance Indicators and Park’s Habits of a Mindful Learner. These lessons help build the foundational skills which are reinforced through the classroom and CREW lessons.
This year, Park is fortunate to have Shea Walker, who will be helping with delivering the social emotional curriculum to classrooms. She will be delivering curriculum to 2nd, 3rd, and 4th while I will be delivering curriculum to kindergarten, 1st, and 5th grade. She will also be supporting teachers with CREW. In Kinder and 1st grade, classroom lessons will begin with emotional regulation and mindfulness lessons. In 2nd through 5th grade, lessons will begin with self-exploration of interests and career pathways.
Besides teaching the counseling curriculum, I am involved in the following services:
You may reach me through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 970-247-3718 ext. 3528. You may refer students to me using the Park Elementary School
Counselor /Social Worker Referral Form found in the Park Main Office or below.
Procedure to Access Park School Counselor and Social Worker
1. Park Staff, parents and guardians will fill out a Confidential Counseling Referral form (below) or a paper form located in the office.
2. Return paper form to the counselor's mailbox or submit Google form.
3. The counselor will set a time to talk with the referring person to determine the type of service student will receive and time to work with the
student will receive and time to work with the student (skill group, individual check-ins, etc.)
4. Students may self-refer by:
* Directly talking to the counselor.
* Filling out a Student Referral Form and turning it in into the office to be placed in the counselor's mailbox.
* Asking a staff member if they are able to see the counselor. In this case, the staff member will email or talk directly to the counselor
to set up a time for the student to meet with the counselor.
* In cases of immediate need, the teacher will notify the office, give student a counselor pass, student will check in at the office and wait until
counselor or someone is available.