Role of Parent/Guardian in Student-Led Conferences
- The parent/guardian must be willing to let the student speak, saving questions until the end.
- The parent/guardian arrives on time.
- The parent/guardian shares any lingering concerns with the crew advisors at the end of the conference.
- The parent/guardian helps the student meet his or her academic and behavioral goals by supporting their progress at home.
- Be fully present: Honor the process with open eyes and mind.
- Seek first to understand: Listen, watch, and ask questions without judgment.
- Ask questions: Clarify student reflections with respectful questions.
- Enjoy yourself! Take pride in the process of your child’s learning
We look forward to seeing you on Nov. 5th or 6th to celebrate your child’s growth and progress!