What is i-Ready? i-Ready is an online program that helps Park teachers determine your child’s strengths and areas for growth, personalize their learning, and monitor their progress throughout the school year. i-Ready allows us to meet your child where they are and provides us with data to inform instruction.
The i-Ready Diagnostic is an adaptive assessment that adjusts its questions to suit your child’s needs. Each item a student receives is based on their answer to the previous question. For example, a series of correct answers will result in slightly harder questions, while a series of incorrect answers will yield slightly easier ones. The purpose of this is to determine how to best support their learning.
i-Ready Instruction provides students with lessons based on their individual strengths and areas for growth. These lessons are interactive and provide strategic supports to keep your child engaged as they learn.
The lessons which are assigned to your child are a direct result of their performance on the assessment. In order for your child to receive lessons which are appropriate for their individual needs, they must give their best effort on these assessments. This middle of the year test will change your child’s online lesson path.
What can you do to help?
To help prepare your child for the i-Ready Diagnostic, encourage them to:
- Get a good night’s sleep and eat a full breakfast the day of the assessment.
- Try their best on each question and try not to rush.
- Try not to worry about questions they do not know—remind them that it is expected they will only get about half of the questions correct.
- Be respectful of other students who take longer to finish.
- For math assessments, remind your child to use paper and pencil to show work and solve problems
To support your child’s learning in Online Instruction:
- Discuss your child’s progress on their i-Ready
- Celebrate your child’s learning and growth.
- Encourage them to use i-Ready at home. - They will need access to a computer or iPad, internet, and their login information. To check if your system meets i-Ready system requirements, please visit i-Ready.com/Support to run a system check.
Thank you for your continued support and for being a partner in your child’s learning! We look forward to sharing your child’s assessment results. Keep an eye out for this in your child’s Friday Folder. If you have any questions about i-Ready, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s teacher or Ms. Pate.
You can also learn more about i-Ready by visiting i-ReadyCentral.com/FamilyCenter.
Marie Voss-Patterson & Laurel Pate
Principal & Assistant Principal