Hello 9-R Families,
On August 18th, 2020 the school board passed a resolution to help our district define our attendance policies and procedures for the 2020-2021 school year. Some of the details of the resolution include:
- The resolution requires that attendance will be recorded at least once daily.
- The district will monitor attendance through the Infinite Campus portal and will also monitor engagement with synchronous and asynchronous learning by considering
- Presence during in-person days.
- Assignment completion
- Use of itslearning or accelerate while remote
- Student demonstrations of learning
- Participation in synchronous opportunities (such as Zoom) meetings or asynchronous opportunities (such as viewing pre-recorded lessons)
- Communicating with the teacher and responding to communication from the teacher
- Daily attendance check-in via the Infinite Campus Portal
If you are a remote or blended learner, it is critical that you complete your attendance DAILY. For blended learners please note this applies to your at-home days only; your teacher will mark your attendance when you are in-person.
Parents should complete this attendance in their Campus Parent account in the Infinite Campus (IC) portal daily for their elementary aged students. Secondary students are expected to log into their Campus Student account in IC to report their own attendance.
Attendance is important information not just for 9-R but also for the state; it directly affects the funding to the district. Please remember to complete the attendance by 2:30 pm daily. If you are sick, please stay home and contact the school office. If you miss the deadline for checking your attendance, please call the school office to adjust your student’s attendance.
Guides have been created for students and parents on how to do attendance check-in’s from IC. Click HERE to access those guides.