- AT&T is suspending broadband data caps for home internet customers. https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/12/21177538/att-broadband-internet-data-cap-coronavirus-suspend. They’re also waiving late fees for next 30-60 days. They’ll also provide free access to its public Wi-Fi hot spots.
- Sprint is offering unlimited data for all users and waiving late fees for next 30-60 days
- Verizon: Verizon will waive late fees and keep residential and small business customers connected if negatively impacted by global crisis. https://www.verizon.com/about/news/verizon-help-customers-and-small-businesses
- Comcast/Xfinity: Comcast opens Xfinity Wi-Fi Network Nationally for Free and Offers Unlimited Data for Free. https://corporate.comcast.com/covid-19
Thank you for your help in establishing a solid base count for meal requests. With this information, we are able to provide your meals and you will no longer need to use the online meal request form. Next steps to pick up your meal/s:
- Did you previously participate in the meal program? If so, then you will continue to receive your meals at the pickup location that you selected in the past. No further action is required.
- New to the meal program? If new then, simply go to one of our drive-through school pick up locations between 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Monday - Friday (on regularly scheduled school days, per the academic calendar). Click Click HERE to see locations and times
Report cards will be available, Tuesday April 14th via IC Parent Portal for all 1st-5th graders.
District Website:If you need more information regarding district information, please go to this link: Community Resources
Marie Voss-Patterson, Principal & Laurel Pate, Assistant Principal